Corporal William Bernard Keller was assigned to the B Battery, 29th Field Artillery Battalion, 4th Infantry Division. The B Battery mission was to provide support fire for the 8th Infantry Regiment assualt troops on Utah beach during the invasion for Normandy on June 6, 1944. Cpl. Keller was one of 39 men who were killed when LCT 458 hit a floating mine, exploded and sank. He is memorialized at Normandy American Cemetery.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of death: 6 June 1944
- County: Blount
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 29th Field Artillery Battalion, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William B. Keller
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.