Walter L. Allen entered the service from Washington. He was born around 1924 in Tennessee, and he resided at King County, Washington, and enlisted in Oregon. He was a passenger on the U.S.S. General T. H. Biss (AP-31) on 20 May 1944, sailing from San Francisco. The USS General T. H. Bliss (AP-131) was a General G. O. Squier-class transport ship for the U.S. Navy in World War II. She was named in honor of U.S. Army general Tasker Howard Bliss. Decommissioned in 1946, she was sold privately in 1964 and renamed SS Seamar, and was scrapped in 1979.
Killed in Action.
Buried at the Manila American Cemetery, Manila, Philippines, A, 3, 13.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 25 November 1944
- County: Sequatchie
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 128th Infantry Regiment, 32nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Michael Brown
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.