Raymond C. Hair was the son of Charlie A. Hair and Anna Elizabeth Giffin. He was killed in action in Italy, May 26. Pvt Hair had written a letter to his parents May 19, saying he was on the Anzio beachhead in Italy and was well.
Pvt Hair’s brother-in-law, Pfc Harold E. Hedrick of Martel, was killed in action in Italy May 15.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 1 April 1922
- Date of death: 26 May 1944
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Lenoir City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe/Mediterranean
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lenoir City Cemetery, Lenoir City, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Raymond C. Hair
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.