The Independent Record (Montana) 5 March 1943
Three men killed in plane crash in New Mexico
Roswell, N.M., March 4 – Three men were killed in a plane crash at the Roswell army flying school today, the public relations office announced.
The dead were:
Second Lieut. Kingdom C. Gis, 25, University City, Mo.
Aviation Cadet Harry K. Nave, 21, son of H.E. Nave, Elizabethtown, Tenn.
Aviation Cadet James W. Nicoson, 22, son of Mrs. Mary C. Carlson, San Francisco
Harry K. Nave was born around 1921 in Tennessee. He enlisted with the Infantry on 16 Septemer 1940 at Elizabethton, Tennessee.
He was the son of Henry C. and Hattie Mae Gouge Nave and is buried in the Laurel section of the Happy Valley Memorial Park, Elizabethton, TN.
- Rank: Aviation Cadet
- Date of death: 5 March 1943
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Happy Valley Memorial Park, Elizabethton, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Harry K. Nave
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.