Born 6 July 1920
Died 8 July 1944
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, U, 72-A
425th Bomber Squadron, 308th Bomber Group, Heavy
8 July 1944, aircraft B-24J with serial number 42-73502 crashed on takeoff from Kunming. Aircraft commander 2nd Lt Hollis D. Sneed, along with six other crewmen, perished; one airman survived.
Pilot, 2nd Lt Hollis D. Sneed
Co-Pilot, 2nd Lt Irvin Boyd Shaffer
1st Lt Fred J. Walley
F/O Cornelius R.C. Rogge
S/Sgt William F. Short Jr.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 6 July 1920
- Date of death: 8 July 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 425th Bomber Squadron, 308th Bomber Group, Heavy
- Theater: Burma-India-China
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred J. Walley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.