Daniel Lee Gregg was the son of Mr. and Mrs. William C. Gregg. He was graduated from eight weeks of recruit training at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot and had complete four weeks of individual combat training at Camp le Jeune in North Carolina. His tour began on April 27, 1968.
Length of service 2 years
Casualty was on December 8, 1968
In Quang Nam, South Vietnam
Hostile, ground Casualty
Gun, Small Arms fire
Body was recovered
Panel 37W – Line 64
He is the first cousin of William F. Dykes, who also was killed in Vietnam.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 30 May 1947
- Date of death: 8 December 1968
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Eastlawn Cemetery, Kingsport, Sullivan County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Daniel L. Gregg
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.