Dalla Thurman McClure was born 11 January 1923
Died 27 September 1944
Buried at Pierce Cemetery, Evensville, TN
Technician Fifth Class
752nd Field Artillery Battalion, Battery B
The Knoxville Journal, November 4, 1944
Sgt. Dallas Thurman McClure Jr., nephew of Mrs. Vada Holland of 1624 Martin Mill Pike, Knoxville, was killed in action in France, Sept. 27, according to word received by Mrs. Holland and Sgt. McClure’s parents, who live in Tullahoma, Tenn.
Sergeant McClure is a graduate of Spring City High School where he played football for four years. He entered the service on his twentieth birthday, Jan. 11, 1943 and received boot training at Camp Bowie, Texas. He left for overseas duty in July, 1943 and was in service 21 months. Additional survivors include four brothers and two sisters.
- Rank: Technician Fifth Class
- Date of birth: 11 January 1923
- Date of death: 27 September 1944
- County: Rhea
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 752nd Field Artillery Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pierce Cemetery, Evensville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dallas T. McClure Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.