Clofus Ray Bunch
Born 4 May 1914
12th Field Artillery Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division
Age 29. Inducted U.S. Army on January 6, 1942.
Killed in France, June 11, 1944.
Attended Central High School, John Sevier Church.
Husband of Elsie Bunch, Rt. No. 5, Knoxville
He was repatriated after the war and was buried at Clapps Cemetery on February 18, 1948.
His younger brother, Preston L. Bunch, died in the Pacific on October 30, 1944.
- Rank: Technician 5th Class
- Date of birth: 4 May 1914
- Date of death: 11 June 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 12th Field Artillery Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Clapp Cemetery, Grainger County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clofus R. Bunch
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.