Cecil Lynn McCloud was born 24 July 1923 to Samuel L. McCloud and Nellie Moyers.
He enlisted on October 22, 1942, in Camp Forrest, TN. He was a Central High School graduate and at the time he volunteered for service was employed by the Southern Railroad.
Surviving; his aunt, Mrs. F.M. Fair, Fountain City, with whom he made his home; grandmother, Mrs. Elle Mae Moyers, Gatlinburg, and a number of aunts and uncles.
Died 4 June 1944
Buried at Mays Chapel Cemetery, Fountain City, TN
852nd Bomber Squadron, 491st Bomber Group, 8th Air Force
Aircraft B-24J, with serial number 44-40206 crashed near Sizewell, Suffolk, England, killing all on board. He was on the same crew as T/Sgt. James L. Haynes.
Pilot, 1st Lt Clifford R. Galley
1st Lt Roland U. Dextraze
1st Lt Richard H. Lindhout
2nd Lt Joseph L. Davies
T/Sgt James Lee Haynes
T/Sgt Cecil L. McCloud
S/Sgt Llewellyn W. Brumbaugh
S/Sgt Lloyd G. Page
S/Sgt Arthur D. Simon
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of birth: 24 July 1923
- Date of death: 4 June 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Fountain City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 852nd Bomber Squadron, 491st Bomber Group
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mays Chapel Cemetery, Fountain City, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: William Regas
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.