Wray Ronald Sloan was born on 8 December 1923, Madisonville, Tennessee, the son of Calloway Sloan and Dixie Rosaline Lee .
Died non Battle 18 November 1944
Sgt Sloan was stationed at Camp Howze, Texas. He died of injuries caused by an automobile collision 3 miles south of Gainesville, Texas on highway 77.
Dozier Bertha Memorial Cemetery, Macon Co., Ga
The Knoxville Journal, November 23, 1944
Madisonville, Nov. 22 – The body of Sgt. Wray R. Sloan, who was killed in an automobile accident Sunday, Nov. 19, at Camp Howie, Texas, arrived in Madisonville Tuesday night. Sergeant Sloan was attached to the Infantry Advancement Replacement Center at Camp Howie. He received his education at Vonore High School and Hiwassie College. During his high school days he was a star football player on the Vonore football team. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Calloway Sloan, Vonore, Route 2. Funeral service will be held from Vonore Methodist Church.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 8 December 1923
- Date of death: 18 November 1944
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Vonore
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Infantry Advancement Replacement Center
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bertha Dozier Memorial Park Cemetery, Montezuma, Macon County, GA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Wray R. Sloan
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.