Winslow Edward Cowan was born in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, son of Joseph T. Cowan and Minnie Smith. Fireman 1c Cowan enlisted in Nashville, Tennessee, 29 September 1916. He died at the Naval Hospital, League Island, Pennsylvania of Influenza on 20 September 1918.
- Rank: Fireman First Class
- Date of birth: 29 September 1899
- Date of death: 20 September 1918
- County: Marion
- Hometown: Whitwell
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: U.S.S. Canada
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Teague Cemetery, Powells Crossroads, Marion County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Winslow E. Cowan
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.