Sergeant Partin was a member of the Machine Gun Platoon, Company C, 1st Battalion, 1st Marines, 1st Marine Division. He was Killed in Action while defending “Horseshoe Ridge”, four miles north of the 38th Parallel against a Chinese assault on April 24, 1951.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 17 June 1925
- Date of death: 24 April 1951
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Jellico
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 1st Marines, 1st Marine Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Battles: Horseshoe Ridge
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Clearfork Baptist Cemetery in Cane Creek KY. Whitley County KY near Saxton.
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Bill and Leigh Ann Boyd
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.