Willie Elbert Thomas was born in Decatur, Alabama to Daniel Thomas and Octavia Sims. He was the husband of Mrs. Frances Thomas of 2001 Garfield Avenue.
Private Thomas was a member of Company C, 1st Battalion, 31st Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division. He was listed as Missing in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea on October 14, 1952. He was presumed dead on December 31, 1953. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 6 April 1926
- Date of death: 14 October 1952
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 31st Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Willie E. Thomas
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.