Private Willie Earl Brookshear was born in 1897 in Monroe County, Tennessee. He was the son of Martha Brookshear. He is listed under Loudon County in State records. He was assigned to the 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment, Company L. He died of meningitis on 9 October 1918 and is interred at A,39,22, Oise-Aisne American Cemetery, Fère-en-Tardenois, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 5 June 1897
- Date of death: 9 October 1918
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Lenoir City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company L, 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oise-Aisne American Cemetery, Fère-en-Tardenois, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Willie E. Brookshear
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.