Willie L. Lollar (also spelled as Loller and Laller) was born near Bulls Gap, Greene County to Felix Loller and Sarah Russell. He was inducted 29 March 1918 at Greeneville, Tn and trained at Camp Meade in Maryland. He sailed to Europe on 12 June 1918, arriving June 27th. He participated in several battles in France and returned home. He died broncho-pneumonia at Hospital No. 3 in New York on March 29, 1919. He was buried in Bulls Gap on the first day of April 1919.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 16 May 1892
- Date of death: 29 March 1919
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Bulls Gap
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 366th Infantry Regiment, 92nd Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Verdun, Argonne, Metz, Meuse
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bulls Gap, Greene County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Willie A. Lollar
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.