William W. “Bill” Ridenour was born in 1920 in Tennessee to Oscar Lee Ridenour and Callie M. Richardson.
He was in the Chemical Warfare service and received his training at Camp Gordon in Georgia. He was sent oveseas in May and was wounded in the Invasion of Sicily July 12, and was in the hospital for two months. He had been in the Amry two years. Pfc. Ridenour was a graduate of LaFollette High School in 1941. He played on both the Football and basketball teams.
Pfc Ridenour was killed in action in Italy.
He is memorialized at Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 26 January 1944
- County: Campbell
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 83rd Chemical Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William W. Ridenour
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.