William Wiley C. Gosnell was born at Sulphur Spring, Greene County, Tennessee to Frank and Alice Gosnell. He entered the service on 9 March 1917. He died of wounds received in action at Cantigny, France was initially buried at the American Cemetery Bonviller, Oise in France. PFC Gosnell is buried at the Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, TN, A, 17.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 27 March 1897
- Date of death: 29 May 1918
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Greeneville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Headquarters Company, 28th Infantry Regiment, 1st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Cantigny
- Burial/Memorial Location: Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William W. Gosnell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.