2nd Lieutenant French was the pilot of U.S. Army Air Corps B-17F Flying Fortress #42-29548. Killed when his bomber collided with B-17F #42-3464 at 10,000 feet over Brooksville Army Airfield, Florida.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 22 August 1924
- Date of death: 20 July 1944
- County: Blount
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Clarks Grove Cemetery, Maryville, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William W. French Jr.