Tucson Daily Citizen, 18 September 1943
Marana Cadet dies in airplane crash – Aviation Cadet William T. Standifer, 22, son of Mr. and Mrs. J.W. Standifer, 217 Hillcrest avenue, Chattanooga, Tenn., was killed when his training plane crashed on a routine flight, 20 miles northwest of Marana Army airbase at 9:20 o’clock this morning.
Col. Charles Backes, commandant of Marana field, has appointed a board of qualified officers to investigate the accident.
- Rank: Aviation Cadet
- Date of death: 18 September 1943
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William T. Standifer
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.