Born 17 August 1918
Killed in action 3 October 1944
Buried at Deloach Cemetery, Elizabethton, TN
Private First Class
357th Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division, Company C
Johnson City Press, November 5, 1944
Shell Creek, Nov. 4 – The War Department has notified Mrs. Inez DeLoach of Shell Creek her husband, Private First Class William T. (Buck) DeLoach, 25, was killed in action in France October 3. The soldier, son of Mr. and Mrs. David DeLoach of Elizabethton, route 1, was a member of an infantry outfit. He joined the Army about 16 months ago and had been on overseas service nearly four months. In civilian life he was employed at an Elizebethton rayon plant.
Surviving besides his wife and parents are a son, Gene, 1; two brothers, Andy and Alfred DeLoach, and two sisters, Della and Ethel DeLoach, all of Elizabethton.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 17 August 1918
- Date of death: 3 October 1944
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Shell Creek
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 357th Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Deloach Cemetery, Elizabethton, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William T. DeLoach
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.