William Tom Dean was killed in Action 5 March 1945 near the Kyll River, Germany. He served with the 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division, Company E.
Jefferson County Standard, March 31, 1949
Pfc. William T. Dean, age 29, was killed in action March 5, 1945, while serving with the Eighth Infantry, Fourth Motorized Division in Germany. The remains arrived in Jeferson City and were removed to the Farrar Funeral Home in Dandridge.
Survivors include his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Sam A. Dean of Dandridge; one sister, Mrs. Collins Busler, Midway, Tenn.; two brothers, J. Hugh of Knoxville and Sanford of Dandridge.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 1 December 1916
- Date of death: 5 March 1945
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Piedmont
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Piedmont Cemetery, Piedmont, Jefferson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William T. Dean
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.