Private William T. Blansett was assigned to the 33rd Field Artillery Battalion, 105mm, 1st Infantry Division. At the time of his death the Division had landed on Sicily 10 July 1943 against fierce resistance. He was killed in action 11 July 1943, and is interred at E,6,33, Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 11 July 1943
- County: Marion
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 33rd Field Artillery Battalion, 1st Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William T. Blansett
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.