William Short was born in Washington County, Tennessee, son of Solomon David Short and Mary E. “Mollie” Collier. He joined the Army at the age of 25, enlisted in the United States Army on 6 June 1914 at Columbus Barracks, Ohio. He died of chronic pulmonary tuberculosis on 9 February 1918.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 22 February 1888
- Date of death: 9 February 1918
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Johnson City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 15th Infantry Regiment
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Fort Bayard National Cemetery, Fort Bayard, Grant County, New Mexico
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William A. Short
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.