William Stanford Scruggs (also Schruggs) was born 27 October 1895, Madisonville, Tennessee. William Scruggs was a farmer before his induction into military service on 29 April 1918 at Camp Meade, Maryland.
He was assigned to the 859th Transportation Corps Company. He died 25 May 1919 at the age of 21 and is buried at B,2,2, Suresnes American Cemetery, Suresnes, France. He is listed as William S. Schruggs.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 27 October 1895
- Date of death: 25 May 1919
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Madisonville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 859th Transportation Corps Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Suresnes American Cemetery, Suresnes, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William S. Scruggs
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.