William Sherman Dugger was born in Elizabethton, Tennessee, son of John Franklin Dugger and Eliza A. Williams. He died at the age of 32 from non-battle wounds; he was killed when he fell from a moving train.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 31 March 1881
- Date of death: 6 March 1918
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 49th US Infantry
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meredith Cemetery, Carter County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William S. Dugger
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.