William Robert Sloan was the son of Madison Sylvester Sloan and Rhoda Jane Stratton.
PFC Co G 278 Inf Rct
Burial: Tellico Baptist Church Cemetery, Tellico Plains, Monroe County, Tennessee, USA
The Knoxville Journal, August 16, 1952
Pfc William Robert Sloan, 21, died at Walter Reed Army Hospital, Washington, D.C., Aug. 14, 1952. He was a member of Tellico Baptist Church and was graduated from Madisonville High School in the class of 1950. Survivors: parents, Mr. and Mrs. M.S. Sloan, Tellico Plains; brothers and sisters, Royce Sloan, Mrs. C.S. Harris, Mrs. Edward Cameron, all of Madisonville; Quentin Sloan, Ypsilant, Mich.; Wright Sloan, Chicago, Ill.; Miss Jean Sloan, Tellico Plains; a number of nieces and nephews and other relatives and friends.
Picture form the Madisonville High School, Yearbook 1952
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 3 November 1930
- Date of death: 14 August 1952
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Tellico Plains
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 278th Regimental Combat Team
- Conflict: Korean War
- Burial/Memorial Location: Tellico Baptist Church Cemetery, Tellico Plains, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William R. Sloan
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.