Technical Sergeant William Robert Clift, US Army Air Forces, was assigned to the 549th Bomber Squadron, 385th Bomber Group Heavy, flying a B-17G with serial number 42-37963 out of Great Ashfield, England.
He died 21 February 1944 and is interred at Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England, located at A,7,17.
1st Lt Warren J. Pease
2nd Lt Edward B. Brown
2nd Lt Robert E. Jenkins
2nd Lt Bernard Kaplan
T/Sgt William R. Clift
S/Sgt Gail F. Brunner
S/Sgt Harold E. Dickason
S/Sgt Junior M. Falls
T/Sgt William Gill Jr.
S/Sgt Franklin C. Owsley
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of death: 21 February 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 549th Bomber Squadron, 385th Bomber Group, Heavy
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Air Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William R. Clift
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.