William Russell Briscoe was the son of William Russell Briscoe and Deas Adams. He was married to Martha McCrary.
The Knoxville Journal, December 28, 1944
William Russell Briscoe Jr., former Knoxville High School swimming team member and cheerleader, received the wings of an Air Force pilot and was commissioned a second lieutenant at Napier Field, Ala., Dec. 23. A KHS graduate of 1943, Briscoe attended the University of Tennessee, where he was member of Sigma Chi fraternity, before entering the Air Force.
- Rank: Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 16 May 1925
- Date of death: 6 August 1950
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Air Force
- Division/Assignment: 40th Fighter, Interceptor Squadron, 5th Air Force
- Conflict: World War II / Korean War
- Awards: Distinguished Flying Cross, Air Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters, Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal.
- Burial/Memorial Location: Old Gray Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: D.J. Krahwinkel
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.