Pfc. William R. Bowers
McClellanRocky Springs Cem., Monroe Co., Tn
Pfc. William R. Bowers, better known here as Billy Ray Walker, 19, died at 445 p.m. Wednesday of last week at a hospital in New Mexico. Funeral Services were held Tuesday afternoon, at the First Baptist Church, Rev. Creed McCoy of Knoxville officiating. Burial was in the McClellan Cemetery following military honors by a local firing squad.
Billy is survived by his parents and one half-sister, Frances Ruth Watson. He had been in the Army several months, serving some time in ETO. He was to have been married Christmas to Miss Delia Abeyta of Colorado, who was at his bedside at the hospital and came here with the body.
Flower girls were members of the last class he attended while in school here. Pallbearers were veterans of WWII.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 December 1928
- Date of death: 30 October 1946
- County: Monroe
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: McClellan Cemetery, Madisonville, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William R. Bowers