William Paul Hickman was born 16 July 1897, Tennessee, son of Peter Fredrick and America Angeline Snyder.
He trained at Camp Sevier, Greenville, South Carolina and sailed to Europe in May 1918. He died 31 August 1918 in no man’s land in France, carrying patients when a shell struck close by and a piece of shrapnel went through his head killing him instantly.
Buried at Piedmont Cemetery, Jefferson County, Tennessee
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 16 July 1897
- Date of death: 31 August 1918
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Piedmont
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Medical Department, 119th Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Ypres
- Burial/Memorial Location: Piedmont Cemetery, Jefferson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William P. Hickman
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.