William Lee Hite
Born 4 February 1920, Sullivan County, Tennessee
Buried Logans Chapel Cemetery, Fall Branch, Washington County, Tennessee
Staff Sergeant, 4th Infantry Division
Son of Jasper Sevier Hite and Charlcy Trivette
The Kingsport Times 21 and 27 August 1944
Staff Sergeant William Lee Hite, 24, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jasper Hite, Fall Branch, was killed in action in France, July 26, 1944, according to a message received by his parents.
Sergeant Hite, who entered service January 19, 1942, received his training at Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., Camp Wheeler, Ga., Fort Jackson, S.C. and Fort Dix, N.J. He has been overseas since January 1944.
He attended Fall Branch High School and was employed at Tennessee Eastman Corporation before entering service.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 4 February 1920
- Date of death: 26 July 1944
- County: Washington
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Fourth Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Logans Chapel Cemetery, Fall Branch, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William L. Hite Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.