William “Billy” Killingsworth was born in Georgia to William Enoch Killingsworth and Maude Neva Leon Huckaby.
Private First Class Killingsworth was a member of the 35th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in South Korea on September 1, 1950.
The Knoxville Journal, 19 December 1951
Pfc. William L. Killingsworth, age 18, killed in Korea Sept. 1, 1950. He had been in service one year. Survivors: parents, Mr. and Mrs. W.C. Killingsworth; brother, Jimmy; four sisters, Anne, Sue, Ruth, Fay; grandfather, W.B. Huckaby.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 10 September 1932
- Date of death: 1 September 1950
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Clinton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 35th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Black Oak Cemetery, Laurel, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William Killingsworth
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.