William J. Davis was born on 6 February 1909 to Leonard Middleton Davis and Martha Malissa Gorman.
He died non Battle 21 February 1942 Denver, Colorado.
Buried at Macedonia Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
The Knoxville Journal, February 24, 1942
The body of W.M.J. Davis, 33, formerly a mechanic with Morton McCrary Co. of Knoxville, who was killed in an automobile accident at Lowry Field, Denver, Colo., Saturday, will be brought to Knoxville and taken to Rose’s. It later will be removed to the home of the parents, Mr. and Mrs. Leonard M. Davis, 200 Woodbine Avenue. Mr. Davis enlisted Dec. 23, for service in the U.S. Army. He was sent to Lowry Field to train as airplane mechanic. He was a member of little Brick Presbyterian Church.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 6 February 1909
- Date of death: 21 February 1942
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Macedonia Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William J. Davis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.