William Isaac Roberts was born in Monroe County, Tennessee on 12 March 1894, son of John Samuel Roberts and Manerva Catherine Wilson, husband of Mollie Buckner.
Sgt Roberts was killed in action in France on 17 October 1918 and is buried at Cedar Grove Cemetery, Athens, McMinn County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 12 March 1894
- Date of death: 17 October 1918
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Athens
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company I, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cedar Grove Cemetery, Athens, McMinn County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William I. Roberts
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.