William Henry Messer was born on 6 May 1888 in Naillon, Tennessee, located in the middle of the what is now the Cherokee National Forest. He died in service of Pupura hemorrhagica, at the age on 30 on 7 Ocober 1918 at Base Hospital #12 in France. Buried at Messer Cemetery, Del Rio, TN.
317th Field Artillery, 81st Division, Battery C
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 6 May 1888
- Date of death: 7 October 1918
- County: Cocke
- Hometown: Del Rio
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Battery C, 317th Field Artillery, 81st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Messer Cemetery, Del Rio, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William H. Messer
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.