William Glenn Simmons was the son of Noble Johnson Simmons and Mildred Charlotte McCracken, 1614 Hixson Pike, Chattanooga. He was born around 1921 in Tennessee.
William G. Simmons was killed in action on Iwo Jima
Cpl Simmons was buried at Iwo Jima 3rd Marine Division Cemetery in Kazan Retto.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 23 June 1923
- Date of death: 28 February 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Iwo Jima
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Marine Division Cemetery in Kazan Retto, Iwo Jima
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Steve Benton