William Fasteen Jones was born 11 June 1896
Company C, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division.
Buried on Gunnings Cemetery, Sullivan County, Tennessee
The Kingsport Times, 1 July 1919
Receive Photograph of son´s grave in France Blountville, Tenn., June 30 – Mr. and Mrs. Amanuel E. Jones, who live near here, have received a photograph of the grave of their son, Private William F. Jones, who was killed while in service with the A.E.F. in France. The grave of young Jones is in a cemetery at Bellicourt and is under the care of the Graves Administration Service, whose duty it will be to keep the last resting place of American soldiers green. Should parents so desire however, bodies, will be exhumed later and delivered to them in this country. Young Jones was a member of Company C, 117th Infantry.
His memorial stone is located in the Old Section of Gunnings Cemetery and the middle name on the stone is Fosteen.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 11 June 1896
- Date of death: 8 October 1918
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Gunnings Cemetery, Sullivan County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William F. Jones
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.