Sgt Cameron Died non Battle
Sergeant Cameron served with the 470th Bomb Group, 800th Bomb Squadron aboard U.S. Army Air Corps B-24E Liberator #42-7007. While on a training flight out of Mountain Home Army Air Base, his bomber had a mid-air collision with B-24J #42-73235 over the Sawtooth National Forest and crashed in the mountains, northwest of Ketchum, Idaho. All sixteen servicemembers aboard both planes were killed.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 3 June 1924
- Date of death: 23 October 1943
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Johnson City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 470th Bomber Group, 800th Bomber Squadron
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bethesda Cemetery, Morristown, Hamblen County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William F. Cameron
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.