Private First Class William Edward Scott was a member of the 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division. He was seriously wounded by the enemy in South Korea on September 18, 1950 and died of those wounds on October 16, 1950 in Southern Japan.
Buried at Moulton Cemetery, Meigs County, TN
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 18 June 1929
- Date of death: 16 October 1950
- County: Meigs
- Hometown: Decatur
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 1st Cavalry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Moulton Cemetery, Meigs County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William E. Scott
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.