William E. Hamilton was born in Gallatin, Tennessee to Felix Franklin Hamilton and Cordelia Caroline Mitchener. He enlisted at Chattanooga, TN on 24 July 1917. Pvt Hamilton died of pneumonia on 13 October 1918. He was initially buried at the American Cemetery 6, Bazoilles, Vosges, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 21 February 1896
- Date of death: 13 October 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Signal Mountain
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 117th Engineers, 42nd Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Champagne, Marne, St. Mihiel, West of Meuse
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William E. Hamilton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.