Born 22 August 1932
Corporal William Earl Goodrum was a member of Company D, 1st Battalion, 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division. He was taken Prisoner of War while fighting the enemy in South Korea on February 11, 1951 and died while a prisoner on March 31, 1951. His remains were not recovered.
His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial. Corporal Goodrum was awarded the Combat Infantrymans Badge, the Prisoner of War Medal, the Korean Service Medal, the United Nations Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Korean Presidential Unit Citation and the Republic of Korea War Service Medal.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 22 August 1932
- Date of death: 31 March 1951
- County: Cocke
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Combat Infantrymans Badge, Prisoner of War Medal, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William E. Goodrum
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.