William Ellis “Billy” Goan was the son of Ruble Goan and Ora Mae Collins.
Private First Class Goan was a member of the Hq Company, 2nd Replacement Company, 2nd Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in Korea.
AWARDS: Silver Star Posthumous Award, Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Korean War Service Medal.
The Kingsport News, 17 July 1951
The bodies of two East Tennessee man are among 451 Korean War dead due to arrive in Washington, D.C., Monday on the ship Furman Victory.
Pfc. William E. Goan, son of Ruble Goan Route 3, Morristown.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 September 1932
- Date of death: 23 September 1950
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 38th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Battles: Pusan Perimeter Breakout, Chunghoe, Korea
- Awards: Silver Star Posthumous Award, Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, Korean War Service Medal
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William E. Goan
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.