William Edgar Giles died of wounds received in action in France, 18 April 1918. He was initially buried at the Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne-sous-Montfaucon, Meuse, France.
Buried at Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 6 March 1900
- Date of death: 18 April 1918
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Martell
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 6th Marines, 2nd Marine Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Toulon Sector, Aisne Defensive
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William E. Giles
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.