William David “Toby” Revis died non battle while on Active Duty.
He married Edna Mae Bell in 1964. They had one child during their marriage.
The Index-Journal (Greenwood, South Carolina), Friday 2 August 1968
Search Resumes for Sergeants who drowned.
Columbia – Search was resumed today for the bodies of two Ft. Jackson Army sergeants who drowned Thursday when a boat overturned in the Congaree River four miles below Columbia.
They were identified as Staff Sgts. William D. Revis and Roger D. Scott.
A third soldier, Sgt. George Moreland, clung to the overturned boat and was rescued by a fisherman who heard his cries for help.
Rescue units from West Columbia discontinued a search of the river at nightfall and resumed it this morning.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 25 December 1937
- Date of death: 1 August 1968
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William D. Revis Sr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.