William Delbert Goodlet lwas born in Georgia, the son of William Henry Goodlet and Claudia C. Smith. He married Estelle Jordan in 1936.
Buried St. James Cemetery (Brittany, France), M, 2, 16
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 3 October 1944
Pvt. Delmar Goodlett, whose wife resides in Rossville, has been missing in action with an mechanized cavalry unit since Aug. 25 in France, the War Department notified his family. A graduate of the Rossville High School, he has been in the army more than a year, and was formerly employed at a Rossville service station. Son of Mrs. W.H. Goodlett, 207 James Avenue, Rossville, and the late Mr. Goodlett, Pvt. Goodlett has one sister, Mrs. Myron Cassidy, Lakeview, Ga., and one brother, M/Sgt Harold Goodlett, now stationed in Maine. He is the grandson of Mrs. Sally Smith of Rossville and was reared in that community.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 13 August 1913
- Date of death: 16 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 3rd Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William D. Goodlet
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.