William Deane Faris (also spelled as Farris) was born 11 March 1897, Tennessee, the son of Mrs. William C. and Hattie A. Faris.
He died 12 October 1918 of the flu at Camp Taylor, Kentucky. He attended the University of Tennessee.
Photo courtesy of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Special Collection.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 11 March 1897
- Date of death: 12 October 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 3rd Tr Bn Field Artillery
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Forest Hills Cemetery, Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William D. Faris
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.