William Carter was born 21 October 1895, Morristown, Tennessee to James A. and Ada Carter. He entered the service on 6 October at Morristown, Tennessee and received his training at Camp Gordon in Atlanta, Georgia. He died when he was shot by a French civilian at the age of 23 in France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 7 October 1895
- Date of death: 2 January 1919
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Battery B, 316th Field Artillery
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Arlington County, Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William Carter
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.