Private First Class William Clarence Lambert of 4208 Kingston Pike was killed in action in Italy. He was an employee of Sanford Day Iron and enlisted in the Army on September 9, 1943. Son of Walter Clark Lambert and Lena Lyle. Husband of Etta Pauline McCarroll.
Funeral services were held at Central Baptist Church with burial November 28, 1948, at Highland Memorial Cemetery, Knoxville.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 21 January 1915
- Date of death: 17 September 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 339th Infantry Regiment, 85th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Highland Memorial Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William C. Lambert
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.