William Craig Koprince
Billy was born in Dearborn, MI, September 16, 1982, to William and Bernice Koprince. Billy moved with his parents and sister (Morgan Koprince Moore) to Lenoir City, TN, in June of 1991. Billy didn’t have much to say but when he spoke people listened. He was a prankster, much like his hero – his grandpa Wickman. Billy was on his 3rd tour, his 2nd in Iraq. He was 5 weeks from coming home when the 3/2 Marines did a joint mission with the Iraqi Army rounding up insurgents in the area of Al Habbaniya. Billy was killed on December 27, 2006, when he stepped on an IED. Those that love and adore Billy miss him very much but anticipate being with him in Heaven.
Submitted by his mother, Bernice Koprince
For another story on Billy Koprince, please see Tennessee Today.
- Rank: Lance Corporal
- Date of birth: 16 September 1982
- Date of death: 27 December 2006
- County: Loudon
- Hometown: Lenoir City
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division
- Conflict: Iraq
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Kingston Memorial Gardens, Lawnville, Roane County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William C. Koprince Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.