William Clark Kinley was born in Chattanooga, Tennessee to Max H. and Carrie Kinley. He was married to Janice Elizabeth Curtis and father of David William Kinley.
Died non Battle
William Kinley was initially buried at the Casablanca European Cemetery in Morocco and reburied at the North African American Cemetery, Carthage in Tunisia, C, 9, 3
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 27 July 1943
Pfc. William C. Kinley, former Chattanoogan and brother of Wilbur Kinley, sports editor of the Jackson (Miss.) News, died July 16 in a military hospital in North Africa following an accident, relatives here were informed yesterday. Mr. Kinley, the Jackson newspaper man, was notified as the nearest of kin of his brother’s death. He had been notified several days ago that his brother had been hospitalized following an accident, but did not know until notified by the War Department yesterday that the brother died the same day he entered the hospital. Pfc. Kinley was born and reared in Chattanooga and had been in the army one year, six months of which were spent in North Africa.
He was a son of the late Mr. and Mrs. M.H. Kinley of Chattanooga.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 12 December 1911
- Date of death: 16 July 1943
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Headquarters Company, VI Corps
- Theater: North Africa
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: North Africa American Cemetery, Carthage, Tunisia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William C. Kinley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.